What are risk factors of varicose veins?
Do you have ugly, painful, swollen varicose veins on your legs? Do you have unsightly spider veins?
If you answered “Yes” to either question, you should know these risk factors increase your chances of venous insufficiency, a progressive vein disease that only gets worse over time. The most important risk factors of vein disease include:
- Varicose veins or a family history of varicose veins.
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which can lead to a blood clot.
- Obesity or weight issues.
- Pregnancy or recently pregnant.
- Extended periods of standing, sitting or inactivity.
- Being over age 50.
- Being a woman – you have a higher chance of getting this disease than a man.
- A recent injury or trauma.
If you have any of these important risk factors of vein disease, you should schedule an appointment with Dr. James Jimenez of The Vein Center of Florida and South Baldwin. After all, he performs all patient consultations, evaluations, and vein treatments himself and he’s a pioneer in Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT™).
For a FREE Varicose Vein Screening with a Doppler ultrasound evaluation and no doctor referral required, call 1-800-910-VEIN now.
Dr. James Jimenez
The Vein Center of Florida & South Baldwin
Trust our experience. Love your results.