Foam Sclerotherapy Under Ultrasound Guidance for Varicose Veins and Incompetent Veins Below the Skin Surface
Discover a fast, simple and painless way to treat varicose veins.
While EVLT™ can be used to treat larger problematic veins, it is also common to have smaller, tributary branch veins that don’t function properly. Left untreated, these subsurface incompetent veins can cause uncomfortable symptoms and lead to even more varicose veins. Dr. J provides the solution by using ultrasound-guided foam sclerotherapy, which is a very effective treatment for small varicose veins and incompetent refluxing tributary veins.
Get rid of varicose veins with experienced, state-of-the-art care.
Dr. Jimenez has extensive experience in the use of foam sclerotherapy for varicose vein treatment. He’s helped thousands of patients achieve excellent results with this technique to effectively treat broken veins. Here are some facts about the foam sclerotherapy procedure:
- It’s a simple, quick and painless procedure performed right here in our offices.
- It uses microinjections of a “foamed” sclerosing agent (also called a “sclerosant”) to achieve much the same result for smaller varicose veins as EVLT™ does for larger veins.
- It can be used during follow-up visits after EVLT™ for the most optimal results.
- It’s typically performed 4 to 6 weeks apart if multiple treatments are required.
- It lets you go about the rest of your day with little or no restrictions on your activities after treatment.
NOTE: While Dr. J’s goal is to treat all of your problem tributaries, there is a limit to how much sclerosing agent he can introduce into the body at one time, so more than one treatment may be needed.
Take the next step for ultrasound-guided sclerotherapy. Whether you’re in Pensacola, Destin or Escambia County, Florida, or Foley/Baldwin County, Alabama, The Vein Center is here to help you. Call 1-800-910-VEIN or request your FREE vein screening today.